International Education Program
The International Education Program goal is to equip students and teachers with the critical ability to analyze global issues and their effects on local lives. Through the highly regarded IEP, students and educators become independent and informed observers of world affairs.
- Provide a global perspective for teachers and students
- Educate students about global issues through interactive programs
- Provide international speaker events on and off campus for Junior WAC groups on high school campuses
- Conduct professional development programs and provide resources for teachers
- Provide low-cost or no cost travel opportunities for educators as avaiable
- Recognize local educators who have excelled in teaching international issues
- Sponsor social and cultural events to excite students about global issues
- Educate students about university-level studies and international careers
- Connect students with leadership activities, international competitions and scholarship opportunities
In light of the budget cuts affecting schools, the GYLP’s work is even more vital to educators as they prepare their students to succeed in our globalized world. We are proud of our accomplishments and know you will be too!
For more details, explanation of benefits or to sign up, contact Jennifer Bowden