Current Job Postings
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Interactive Media Specialist
The World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth (dfwworld.org) is seeking a creative professional with excellent communication and collaboration skills to manage, administer, maintain and expand our organization’s digital presence. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic who is highly organized and has the agility to collaborate with us in a dynamic office environment. The IM Specialist reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and is responsible for the creation and maintenance of all interactive media, including website, blogs and digital communications. Usability, accuracy, and visual appeal are key, along with strict adherence to the highest possible production, editorial, branding, graphical and content standards. This position is responsible for executing web site and email campaigns. The IM Specialist performs other related duties such as fulfilling weekly digital communications schedule, podcast production work and managing/maintaining the software environment underpinning the website. This position requires the ability to work seamlessly with other departments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Please address your cover letter and resume (including salary requirements) to Martha Powell, Director of Administration, World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth, 325 N. St. Paul, Suite 4200, Dallas, TX 75201. You may submit your application to Ms. Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org..
• 4-year university degree or equivalent (minimum 3 years of proven experience as a web designer or developer).
• Demonstrated proficiency with graphics design and illustration for the web and email to include experience in an Adobe CS environment.
• Experience with Content Management Systems and WYSIWYG editors is essential for adding content to our web pages.
• Experience with database integration and a strong understanding of site functionality, architecture and data flow, user interfaces and intuitive navigation schemes – especially online event registration. Blackbaud’s NetCommunity or similar interface experience is desired but not required.
• Ability to evaluate analytics and collaborate with peers, the Marketing Director and the organization’s constituency, and to initiate changes to the website based on conclusions.
• Exposure to online marketing, e-commerce and e-communication best practices, including web traffic stats/report measurement and search engine optimization techniques.
• Upholds the highest standard of grammar, usage and factual accuracy.
• Video editing experience, especially within Adobe Premiere, also a plus.
• A strong interest in the non-profit sector, international affairs and foreign policy is desired.
• Excellent skills in time management, prioritizing and communication are vital.
• Self-starter with independence, initiative, and enthusiasm to succeed and learn new skills, as well as a can-do approach to problem solving.
• Competitive pay, paid vacation and holidays, medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, 401K with company match, life and disability coverage.
• Paid parking in downtown Dallas.
• Strong team environment in small (under 20) office and the opportunity to participate in our mission and in Council programs featuring newsmakers, historians, authors and key global figures.
The World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.