Current Job Postings
We are always open to learning about people who are interested in the Council. Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Don't forget to check our International Job Board! From time to time, we post jobs on behalf of other local organizations in the foreign policy/international affairs areas.
Director of Marketing & Communications
The World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth seeks a Marketing & Communications Director with at least four years of experience to join an innovative team working to increase the visibility of the Council and all of its programs. Candidate must be a highly creative self-starter who is also a team player and a quick learner. This position requires a skilled communicator who can generate new ideas and approaches while also implementing traditional communications strategies. The Marketing & Communications department builds membership, promotes the Council’s public speaker events, and seeks to raise public awareness of our region’s role in the global marketplace of economics and ideas. Generation of regional media coverage and management of external partnerships and opportunities for organizational visibility are also important elements. This position supervises our graphic design sources, the Creative Content Writer and an Interactive Media Specialist to develop and convey consistent messages and creative branding across communication channels.
- Markets Council programs and events, develops promotional strategies (traditional and digital) and creates messaging for the organization.
- Directs and determines content for Council publications including monthly e-newsletters and quarterly newsletters, website and emails.
- Directs and manages the outsourcing of all of creative assets including postcards, brochures, fact sheets, donor communications, advertisements, event programs, invitations, etc.
- Plans and oversees the process by which campaign core creative is achieved and implements marketing plan tactics, including print and web ads, collateral/brochure materials and direct print and email marketing pieces.
- Manages all phases of the effort—from creative to production (design, coding, printing) and distribution.
- Manages production schedule, editorial calendar and email schedule.
- Manages annual fundraiser dinner video including creative direction, scheduling of on-camera interviews, creation of talking points, and is liaison between the video production company and honoree.
- Manages the marketing content created for public speaking event web landing pages.
- Proofs all Council print and digital communications and content.
- Manages public relations activities, developing and maintaining relations with regional media through news releases, speaker interview opportunities and story ideas.
- Negotiates trade agreements with media and association partners and fulfills obligations as outlined in agreements, and maintains reporting mechanisms to track performance and budget.
- Manages and implements social media strategies and content including updating monthly social media calendar, executing daily postings on platforms and monitoring social media conversations.
- Manages, designs and monitors the Council’s brand and staff collateral materials.
- Serves as spokesperson for the Council, where appropriate.
- Develops relationships with cooperating organizations to promote Council events.
The Council welcomes creative, collaborative and flexible candidates with a passion for international affairs and who relishes exploring world events from many perspectives. In particular, the Council is looking for someone with:
- At least 4 years of experience in media relations, public relations, marketing and/or journalism; proven experience with media event planning.
- Superior written and verbal communication and proofreading skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills under tight and moving deadlines.
- A keen eye for graphic design and good art direction capabilities.
- Proficiency incorporating social media and other digital platforms into a comprehensive communications strategy.
- Excellent news/story sense, journalist contacts and political savvy.
- Knowledge of print, broadcast and electronic news media.
- Capacity to communicate complex ideas in a compelling way to a variety of audiences; highly developed story-telling skills; the ability to write for different formats, audiences and platforms.
- A proven track record managing a fast-paced, multi-faceted workload, ideally involving media and communications.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and deliverables.Experience with government, non-profits, PR firms or cause-related marketing is a plus.
- Deep network of contacts, and experience and comfort pitching journalists and organizing media events on an aggressive schedule.
- A spirit of collaboration and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of foreign policy and current events.
- Personable, passionate, productive, and focused on helping build a world-class region.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Martha Powell, Director of Administration, World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth, 325 North St. Paul, Suite 4200, Dallas, TX 75201 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.