The FULLY FUNDED nine day Study Tour to the United Arab Emirates from March 6-15, 2015 will include twelve secondary teachers and administrators from DFW.
The modern United Arab Emirates with all its richness and complexities, as well UAE’s centuries old history and cultural traditions are often unknown to Americans. To address this gap, the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth and the Embassy of the UAE have developed a three-part program on United Arab Emirates, with a special emphasis on Emirati culture, to bring some much-needed context to the American public and, particularly, to American students and teachers.
The first part of the program is a Workshop for Teachers at the WACDFW office. The date was on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015 at the WACDFW office. Teachers must attend the workshop in order to participate in the Study Tour over Spring Break, the second part of the program. The third and final portion of the program consists of teachers speaking to area ISDS and videoconferences. Teachers participating in the Study Tour are expected to participate in developing these programs.
- Marci Ward- HEB ISD
- Gabriel Valdez- Fort Worth ISD
- Asiya Roland- Carrollton- Farmers Branch ISD
- Angela Hardy- Carrollton- Farmers Branch ISD
- Karen Alexander- International Leadership Texas
- Lisa Yanagida- FWISD
- Emily Barksdale- Dallas ISD
- Melissa Taylor- Keller ISD
- Ryan Abt- Southwest Christian
- Krista Boivie- Frisco ISD
- Deana Harrell- Coppell ISD
- Cristine Jordan- Plano ISD