Current Job Postings
The World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth seeks a Marketing & Communications Manager with at least five years of experience in non-profit marketing. Your goal will be to maintain and increase the visibility of the Council and all of its programs.
The candidate should be a person who monitors current affairs, pays attention to the national and international news and how it affects local jobs, companies and decisions. Our marketing manager should be someone who helps our Council team reach goals.
An applicant must be a dependable, creative self-starter, team player, quick learner and enjoy work. This position requires a skilled communicator who can write, generate ideas and connect with our membership. Must be enthusiastic about social media. Must be congenial, understanding and collaborative.
The Marketing & Communications department builds membership by promoting the Council’s public speaker events, international education and other initiatives.
This position works with our graphic design sources, Creative Content Writer and an Interactive Media Specialist to develop and convey consistent messages and creative branding. This is an intense, pressure-packed but rewarding job if you are ambitious and proud of your product.
- Markets Council programs and events, develops promotional strategies (traditional and digital) and creates messaging for the organization.
- Coordinates content for Council publications including monthly e-newsletters and quarterly newsletters, website and emails.
- Manages the outsourcing of creative print assets including postcards, brochures, fact sheets, donor communications, advertisements, event programs, invitations, etc.
- Implements marketing plan tactics, including print and web ads, collateral/brochure materials and direct print and email marketing pieces. Coordinates all phases of the effort—from creative to production (design, coding, printing) and distribution.
- Coordinates production schedule, editorial calendar and email schedule and proofs all Council print and digital communications and content.
- Coordinates public relations activities, developing and maintaining relations with regional media through news releases, speaker interview opportunities and story ideas.
Applications will be accepted beginning February 22, 2017. Send your resume and cover letter to Martha Powell, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.