WE INVITE YOU TO NOMINATE POTENTIAL FELLOWS FROM THE UNITED STATES AND EUROPE WHO MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Your candidate must be a citizen or a permanent resident of one of the European countries or U.S. states listed on the GMF website as a current selection site.
Your candidate must demonstrate:
- proven leadership capacity and creativity
- a profound sense of integrity
- a commitment to diversity, in terms of profession, gender, ethnicity, and other markers
- a desire to effect real and lasting change in their local communities
- proven ability to apply their new knowledge and networks in their communities upon return
- a commitment to transatlantic and global engagement
- a commitment to remaining a steward of the transatlantic agenda throughout their careers
- Your candidate must be between the ages of 28-40 (inclusive) on the day that applications for the fellowship open.
- Your candidate must be fluent in English
- Your candidate must not have resided for an extensive period of time on the other side of the Atlantic
- Your candidate must be available for 24 consecutive days of travel and possess a passport valid at least six months beyond the assigned fellowship dates.
For more details on the nomination and selection process, please refer to the German Marshall Fund’s website.