“Through JWAC events I’ve gotten the chance to shake hands with a foreign minister and hug a Novel Peace laureate. These experts have given me powerful insights into different fields.”
– Lamisa Mustafa, Newman Smith High School
For more than a decade, our Junior World Affairs Councils (JWACs) have been a global triumph on local campuses. Our JWAC program has been linking students to the world since 2004. With more than 60 chapters in North Texas, JWAC is a great way for high school students to learn about international issues and become more globally aware. JWAC chapters can be started at any high school with students in grades 9-12 with the support of one of the school’s teachers as a sponsor.
As part of our Global Young Leaders (GYL) Programming, the Council will help you create a Junior World Affairs Council (JWAC) for your high school campus. You and your students will travel beyond classroom walls and pages in textbooks to real-time, firsthand sessions with diplomats, dignitaries, leaders, authors and others who understand global issues and opportunities in business and education.
How to start a FREE JWAC chapter:
The JWAC sponsor must complete the Junior World Affairs Council Agreement Form.
Contact Director of Education (firstname.lastname@example.org, 214-965-8415) with any questions or if you would like her to attend one of your meetings.
Resources For Your JWAC:
- JWAC Guidebook and History
- JWAC Terms and Bylaws
- JWAC Officer Responsibility and Election Tips
- 2023-2024 Global Young Leaders event calendar (printable)
- 2023-2024 Global Young Leaders flyers (printable)
- Brainstorming sheet to plan the JWAC year
- Mission and Vision sheet
- Student-Organized JWAC Activities
- JWAC meeting ideas
- In-person speaker event guidelines
- Photo Release forms (required once a year) per participating student
- Bus scholarships
- Global Leadership Certificate and Graduation Cord tracking sheet
- Possible in-person and zoom speakers for your school
- GYL Brochure
Check out upcoming Global Young Leaders events on our calendar!