On March 6-15, 2015, twelve secondary teachers and administrators from the Dallas/Fort Worth area traveled to the United Arab Emirates on a fully funded study tour.
The modern United Arab Emirates with all its richness and complexities, as well UAE’s centuries old history and cultural traditions are often unknown to Americans. To address this gap, the World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth and the Embassy of the UAE developed a three-part program on United Arab Emirates, with a special emphasis on Emirati culture, to bring some much-needed context to the American public and, particularly, to American students and teachers.
The first part of the program was a workshop for teachers at the WACDFW office. Teachers attended the workshop in order to participate in the Study Tour over Spring Break, the second part of the program. The third and final portion of the program consisted of teachers speaking to area schools, in person and through video conferences. Teachers participating in the Study Tour are expected to participate in developing these programs.
- Ryan Abt – Southwest Christian
- Karen Alexander – International Leadership of Texas
- Emily Barksdale – Dallas ISD
- Krista Boivie – Frisco ISD
- Cristine Jordan – Plano ISD
- Anna Puryear – Coppell ISD
- Aisya Roland – Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD
- Melissa Taylor – Keller ISD
- Gabriel Valdez – Fort Worth ISD
- Marci Ward – HEB ISD
- Lisa Yanagida – Fort Worth ISD