The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is often unknown to Americans despite its rich complexity and centuries-old history and cultural traditions. WACDFW and the Embassy of the UAE in Washington, D.C., collaborated for a third educator study tour (previously in 2015 and 2017) to develop an educational program to bring context to the American classroom.
During the tour, educators interacted with top UAE government officials, visited internationally renowned museums, participated in cultural activities, visited schools and universities, and more! The purpose of the study tour was to forge connections between classrooms in the UAE and USA and provide primary experiences for US educators to engage with the Middle East and bring that knowledge back to their classrooms.
- Tara Ann Carter- St. Petersburg, FL
- Melissa Cohen-Nickels- Sugar Land, TX
- Nina Corley- Galveston, TX
- Madeline Elliott- Dallas, TX
- Luke Freeman- San Antonio, TX
- Anthony Jensen- Wasilla, AK
- Laurel Kuepker- Lewisville, TX
- Holly Miller- Fishers, IN
- Stephanie Morgan- Canton, NC
- Quentyn Seamster- Dallas, TX
- Tara Seger- Narragansett, RI
- Canada Snyder- Johnston, IA