Welcoming International Visitors
Become a Host
The International Visitor Programs department hosts international visitor groups who visit the U.S. at the invitation of the U.S. Department of State to explore topics related to our country’s foreign policy and strategic objectives around the world.
When groups visit the DFW area (virtually or in person), we arrange:
- Meetings with professional counterparts
- Cultural experiences
- Home hospitality events
In-person home hospitality events connect international participants with local volunteers outside of professional settings, giving them a glimpse into everyday life in the U.S. In-person home hospitality usually takes the form of casual dinner parties – hosting 3-4 international visitors – in the homes of local volunteers. We encourage our hosts to invite family and friends to share in gaining a better understanding of one another’s cultures and viewpoints and to provide opportunities to build long-lasting relationships with people around the world.
A typical home hospitality evening:
- 5:00-5:30 PM – Guests leave the Hyatt House Dallas/Lincoln Park via Transportation Network Company arranged by project liaisons
- 6:00-8:30 PM – Dinner with home dinner host(s) and other invited guests
- 8:30 PM – Guests return to the hotel via Transportation Network Company arranged by project liaisons
- 9:00-9:30 PM – Guests arrive back at the hotel